These biscuits are not Whole30 compliant, but they're gluten free and they're DELICIOUS. A good combo!! The dough is easy to work with, and they are super light and fluffy!! The honey, rose, and vanilla bean flavor comes in as a glaze...so you could totally adapt this to whatever flavor you'd like! Here's the video from last week in case you missed it. Jennifer Little is the talented and sweet videographer and photographer we collaborated with for this project. You'll be seeing a lot more of her! We love her to pieces!
This recipe is slightly adapted from The Nourishing Home!
GLUTEN FREE ALMOND FLOUR BISCUITS
2 1/2 cups almond flour (We used Bob's Red Mill)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
3 tbsp cultured buttermilk (or almond or coconut milk*)
2 large eggs
* If using a non-dairy milk, be sure to add 1/4 tsp of apple cider vinegar to the milk to increase acidity. This helps the biscuits to rise.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
2. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, buttermilk, and eggs. Whisk together until well combined. Using a spoon, stir the wet mix into the dry mix until it's thoroughly combined.
3. For drop biscuits: Drop dough by large spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, placing biscuits approximately 2 inches apart.
4. Bake about 15 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
HONEY, ROSE, VANILLA BEAN GLAZE
2 tbsp honey (we used a Greeley, Colorado local honey!)
1 tbsp coconut oil
seeds from 1 vanilla bean pod
1 drop rosewater
Soften coconut oil by placing in a double boiler or microwave for just a few seconds
Stir all ingredients together to combine and drizzle over warm biscuits!!